Friday, February 3, 2012

DId you hear a word I said?

carynelizabeth.com


His mind continues
to actively resolve
issues that landed on his plate
earlier in the day

at the same time
his hands
instantaneously
switch from TV remote
to computer keyboard

my words exhale
like steam pouring
from my mouth
into the
bitter cold air
revealing stuff
that is
non-existent 
in his world.

my vision becomes blurred
without the contact of his eyes

 my words swirl
then stop abruptly
crashing
and piling up on top
of each other
like a chain reaction
on an icy surface.

I yell out

"DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING I JUST SAID?"

 with out a pause
he repeats back
word for word
in a calm
 rhythmic
 and confident voice

as if reading a prepared script
casting him as the leading man
in our story

I look up
as his eyes lock 
into mine


and our hearts
become one.

8 comments:

  1. That was beautiful. have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve noticed that some of you have left comments for me and they are not appearing on this page. I am getting your comments via email.

    Thanks for taking the time to connect with me.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great heartshare, Eydie.
    and so beautiful
    and I thank you
    for being brave
    and so truely you:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the heart shape
    ALL OF THIS makes.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and love how the photo goes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so familiar! Wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for showing up.
Feel free to share your feelings and thoughts.
I’d really love to know.