Saturday, February 2, 2013

One Little Word ~ Blog Hop ~ Beginnings


I am very excited to participate in the One Little Word blog hop for 2013.  The One little Word was created by Ali Edwards.   Each month, Ali provides us with a prompt, or an assignment that encourages a stronger connection to our OLW.

My intention for signing up for Ali’s class is to make a stronger commitment to my OLW, so that I can cultivate its positive energy into my life each and everyday.  

My word for 2013 is CHOOSE.

Although I may not always be able to control the situations or circumstances that occur in my world, I do have the power to CHOOSE how I react, how I feel, and how I want to show myself to others.  

My word holds an abundance of meaning for me.  When I see my word, or whisper my word, I tend to put an “I” before it. 


I believe words hold very strong vibrations. For years, I have been embellishing words on items I wear, hold, or carry with me each and every day.  This is a pendant I am wearing NOW.  

Front side of pendant
 to be see by the world


 Back side of pendant
 worn close to the heart

I'll share more of my wearable art with you next week, so please come back to take a peek.

This month we are focusing on setting intentions and listing some of the actions we want to embrace for the rest of the year.  I love how my word offers so much flexibility and possibilities. For January, I "choose" new beginnings.  To let go of what was and welcome what will be. 

Here is a glimpse of the intention cards I made for 2013. 

I CHOOSE   New Beginnings
I CHOOSE  Self care
I CHOOSE  Joy
I CHOOSE  Stillness
I CHOOSE  Enoughness
I CHOOSE  Trust
I CHOOSE  to be Brave
I CHOOSE  Creativity
I CHOOSE  Awareness
I CHOOSE  to Let go
I CHOOSE  Gratitude
I CHOOSE  to Receive

















Thanks so much for stopping by and allowing me to share the goodness of my OLW.  I will  share more during the weeks and months to come of how my word has impacted my life.  

I want to thank Lee of The Linar Studio for organizing this blog hop.  If you are intererested and would like to participate, you can sign up for a spot in Ali’s class.  

Please remember to comment, I'd love to know your thoughts.  Also, stop by the other participants in this blog hop, I know you will find amazing inspiration.  Karen is next on the list and is waiting for you to visit with her.

So far the participants in the February Hop include:
Eydie: www.whatwecreate.net                              YOU ARE HERE
Karen: http://womenontractors.blogspot.com         GO HERE NEXT
Angela: angelanoel.com



13 comments:

  1. LOVE the shabby chic/vintage look of your project! Look forward to following you this year through your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word is "intention".... I noticed you used it a few times in your post! I do like "choose" also. Very powerful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right that each of these are decisions. I often forget my own role in how my day takes shape. I CHOOSE how to perceive each thing and that awareness shapes my life for the better. I wish you all the best with this fabulous word. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see you back on the block!
    I love your word
    and your heart for choosing
    and send much love and bright hope
    for joy and deep, deep peace on this
    journey you're on.
    peace on the path,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cards are so pretty and i love your take on the word choose...
    and how you said you put "I" in front of it...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your cards and the clear intentions. The pendant is lovely. Choose is a powerful word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful word choice and I love the necklace and intention cards you created! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Choose is a word that comes back to me again and again as an option for my OLW. I love yourpages and think your pendant is beautiful, and I'm excited to see how your word manifests during the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi ..I have an award for you..please collect from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Eydie,
    Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far. CHOOSE is a fantastic word and I love the art it has inspired you to make.
    I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic! And certainly a great way to celebrate your one little word.
    We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
    Take care,
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am coming late to the party, Eydie, but I love your word. It is an important one! Are you still doing these blog hops now?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Business Phone Service are a great business tool. They provide your clients with a quick and easy was to contact you, however, they also help you gather valuable feedback about issues, concerns, and comments your clients may have. The best part is that getting a toll free number can be completed a only a few short steps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for showing up.
Feel free to share your feelings and thoughts.
I’d really love to know.