Saturday, September 15, 2012

Leap with me

Often the fear of not knowing what to do or the fear of doing something wrong stops us in our tracks and keeps us from starting.  If we can let go of this fear, we open ourselves up to a much larger world of expression, a world where anything is possible.  ~ Flora Bowley ~


She hid behind the tall, dark, heavy curtains
tip toeing around
like a ballerina
waiting for her perfect moment
to appear on center stage.

As time moved on
she hesitated and froze
choosing to fear the light.

While others established
their place on this stage
she played safe in the wings
where she could not be seen.

One day she realized
the risk it took 
to live as an passive observer
was greater than the risk of being
an active participant.

That awareness allowed her
 to unravel and release
as she pealed through the gunk
and beliefs that no longer fit her.

Gradually, she became lighter
and was able to move forward
closer to her truest, wisest,
and most vibrant authentic self.

And, with a big, bottomless, brave breath
she leaped from behind the curtains
and firmly took her place
in the spotlight
for her grand debut.

When was the last time you hid behind the curtains,
waiting for the perfect moment to come out into the light?

I invite you to 
put on your dancing shoes
dip your brush in the paint
put your pen to paper
sing your song
share your story
speak your truth
follow your heart
 honor your wisdom
unfold and unwind
be your truest you
shine your brightest light
trust your intuition
take action
release your gifts to the world  
and live your life in full color.

Take my hand, and leap with me. Together, we can live this one wild and precious life as our most truest, bravest, wisest, authentic, joyful, and colorful selves.

14 comments:

  1. Here's my hand... let's do it!
    Your post looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Thanks for stopping by.
      I’d love to get together sometime. We’re so close.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful post! Thanks so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog, it was much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you enjoyed my post. It was great to visit yours.

      Delete
  4. I second my friend Mel - this is a beautiful post indeed! I particularly love the dance/theater metaphor as I have danced and performed in my life and it's a wonderful metaphor for Life in general =-)

    Thank you for your comment on my blog, though my name is not Betty; that was my grandmothers name which is on one of my Etsy shops! =-)

    Sincerely,
    Monica
    aka
    The Creative Beast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica,

      Thanks so much for your beautiful words.
      Sorry about the name mess up. I look forward to visiting with you again soon.

      Delete
  5. A lovely and uplifting write ~ Nice to meet you ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eydie! Lovely words and lovely image.... something we all need to be reminded of frequently - thanks for posting this and for visiting my little retreat blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is fantastic...
    thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful words!! man, right to my heart - so needing to hear this. and thank you for stopping by my blog to say hi yesterday. love making new friends. love, kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. taking that big, bottomless, brave breath
    with you
    and sending love and bountiful thanks
    for the sweet invitation!
    leaping and laughing,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. taking that big, bottomless, brave breath
    with you
    and sending love and bountiful thanks
    for the sweet invitation!
    leaping and laughing,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for showing up.
Feel free to share your feelings and thoughts.
I’d really love to know.